The best free app to connect a console controller to a PC.
InputMapper is a simple and versatile free tool with which you can connect any console controller directly to your PC. Efficient and very easy to use, Input Mapper has become the perfect ally for gamers around the world, providing a seamless gaming experience from any Windows operating system device. Its intuitive interface and excellent performance are just two of the great features of this brilliant alternative to DS4Windows. And unlike the latter, InputMapper offers much more than a free program to use your DualShock 4 on the computer. Would you like to know it thoroughly?
What is InputMapper and what is it used for?
InputMapper is a program that allows you to connect and use your console controller on your PC. It is widely used by gamers and gaming enthusiasts around the world, as it not only allows you to connect a controller but also customize it to your liking. In addition to customizing basic things like the buttons on your controller, it also allows you to create macros and combos to make the most out of your gaming sessions.
What are the main functions of InputMapper?
InputMapper offers the following tools to connect and customize your console controller on PC:
- Button remapping- Change the button assignments on your controller and add new possibilities, such as incorporating your keyboard or mouse into the game.
- Sensitivity adjustment- Change the sensitivity of the joystick and triggers on your controller.
- Macro creation- Create sequences of button presses and execute them with just one button press.
- Game mode- InputMapper has a game mode that prevents other applications on your PC from interfering with the proper use of the console controller. This ensures a smoother connection and reduces input latency.
- Bluetooth support- Do you have a wireless controller? They are also compatible with InputMapper thanks to Bluetooth technology.
Which controllers are compatible with InputMapper?
Currently, InputMapper is compatible with the following devices:
- Sony DualShock 4
- Sony DualShock 4 (V2)
- Xbox 360 Controller
- Xbox One Controller
- Sony Dualshock 3 (using the Magic-NS adapter)
- PlayStation Move (using the Magic-NS adapter)
- Generic DirectInput controllers
- Generic XInput controllers
Performance and stability
InputMapper stands out for being a fast and easy-to-use application that does not affect your CPU performance. Even on older systems or when using complex controllers, it provides an outstanding experience without latency or connection issues. This is essential in any gaming session, especially for all those online and competitive gamers where every second can make the difference between victory and a shameful defeat.
Your console controllers, now on your PC
InputMapper is the perfect application to use any console controller directly on your PC. Its simple interface and wide range of functions make it perfect for you to enjoy even more of your gaming sessions on your computer in just a few seconds. With features such as button remapping, sensitivity adjustment, or macro customization, we are facing one of the best options to connect your PlayStation or Xbox controller to your Windows device. What are you waiting for to download it?